I’ve missed this place. (at Brookvale Ski Park)
- 6 months ago
A couple of weeks ago, I was scheduled to take a trip from New York (JFK) to Los Angeles on JetBlue. Every year, my family goes on a one-week pilgrimage, where we put our work on hold and spend time visiting temples, praying, and spending time with family and friends. To my Jewish friends, I often…
Rule #1 of travel: only enter the United States if all other options have been exhausted.Source: chimeracoder
- 7 months ago
Last night, the Halifax Regional Council voted to approve a development in Timberlea, a village along the St Margaret’s Bay. To support this development, they’re expanding a sewer pipeline to route the sewage 30km to a sewage treatment plant downtown. The downtown plant’s capacity is needed for urban growth. To do all of this, they’ll rip up the city’s most popular recreational trail, the Chain of Lakes trail system, for two years.
Others will belabour the details on this issue. What else could the city do with $25 million (give or take a few)
- Implement a commuter rail line from Bedford to downtown via the South End Rail Cut.
- Pay for at least five years of Metro Transit’s capital budget
- Cut water rates (this will be paid out of water rates, which went up 8.7% this year and will go up 12.9% next year)
- Build a state-of-the-art sewage treatment plant in Timberlea (and have a pile of cash left over)
- Build Spirit Place, the development on the peninsula that council vetoed hours after making this decision
- Provide an incentive of $1 million for each of the next 25 10+ unit buildings built on the peninsula in infill spaces, which already have the needed water/sewer services in place (this would lower operating costs too)
- I need to go to work… But I’d gladly quit my job for $25 million
Do you have other ideas for spending $25 million? Sound off below.